Re: Dialup Terminal Access

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 01:25:34AM -0500, Isaac Wagner-Muns wrote:
> would anyone be able to point me to any reading materials that talk
> about setting up a netbsd system as a dial in terminal server? most
> things i've found seem to be talking about using PPP or SLIP, and i'm
> just trying to run a simple shell server.

It's been a while since I last did that, but there is not much to it:
you configure the modem to answer, connect it, edit /etc/ttys to select
the proper speed for that port - and that's it.

If you need anything more fancy (like incoming faxes, autoselection of
ppp calls and shell calls) replace getty for that line with (for example)
comms/mgetty from pkgsrc.

Martin