Re: GPL version 4

Kasper Sandberg <lkml%metanurb.dk@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 12:34 +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> <snip>
>> > Just think how much better off we would be
>> > if Microsoft Windows had never been developed.
>>
>> How?  How exactly?  I don't believe you, show me facts.

> You have got to be kidding..

I am not. Now show me.

There's a saying, "History does not speculate."
I don't believe in "just think how it would be."

There were alternatives to Microsoft Windows, e.g. GEM,
why FSF didn't produce one? FSF existed back then.

>> > But suppose he does it anyway, without using our code.  That could be
>> > just the handicap that enables a competing free program to be superior
>> > in convenience, just as it always is in ethics.
>>
>> Put ethics aside, it is subjective and differs from place to place.
>>
>> In which way your "free" "replacement" is more convenient than Adobe
>> Photoshop?
>> How do you explain simple fact, that photographers prefer the latter,
>> even when they tried your so-called "free" so-called "replacement".
>
> I find it horrifying that you believe that simply because lots of
> people(maybe even the majority) does/use something, and even prefer it,
> means its the right thing. I suggest you look around the world, reflect
> on it, and then read your own post.

I rely on the professional opinion, the opinion of professional
photographers, not the gpl weenies or computer geeks. Go and ask
professionals, what they think about your "free" software.

And don't teach me what the world is, I know it better than you.