Re: Xorg packages for NetBSD 4.0 i386

Hello Camilo,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 08:44:41PM -0700, Camilo Reyes wrote:
> I have modular X installed in my machine on i386. How do I share my binary
> packages? Would be glad to help.

If you have installed them via the "install" target (make install)
you could use pkgtools/pkg_tarup, for example:

 $ mkdir /tmp/packages
 $ pkg_tarup -a -d /tmp/packages modular-xorg-server

That's all! :-)

pkg_tarup(1) tool is pretty simple and very useful, with the -a flag we
say to pkg_tarup to create packages for dependencies too, with the -d
option we set a path to store our binary packages.

We also need other packages in order to get a working X systems:
 o modular-xorg-fonts (or only few fonts)
 o xf86-input-keyboard
 o xf86-input-mouse
 o xf86-video-our_video_card (where our_video_card could be ati, nv,
 etc.)
 o xinit

HTH.

Ciao, Leonardo