Re: manual install howto

David Laight wrote:

One might ask why!

To spread the load? To be able to use more than one disk? There are several good reasons why this might be a good idea (always depending on the situation at hand) nad I have to admit that I always found it annoying that the NetBSD installer doesn't seem to know more than one disk.

Usually they are put into separate partitions on a single disk.

If you only have a singe HD in the computer, sure. But as it is, the NetBSD installer only creates one bit file system by default and mounts that as /. Personally I don't like that because I prefer to mount / sync, /usr and /var mit softupdates and other file systems (like /temp or /usr/build) async.

There is no good reason why these partitions should be on a single HD.

Regards,
Chris