Why this ftp script can not work properly?

Hi, It's me again~
I come to a problem that confuses me much:

I have written a ftp shell script to make my work easier, as follow:

echo "-----FTP upload transmmision------"
echo -n "\n  Please tell me ftp host address:"
read host
echo -n "\n  Please input user name:"
read username
echo -n "  Passwd required:"
stty -echo
read userpwd
stty echo

echo "\n  If you are sure, HIT enter or press Ctl+C"
read goenter

for file in `ls`
do
 echo "File $file transmmision in progress......"
 sh ftp_auto.sh $host 21 $username $userpwd $file $file
 echo "OK"
done
echo "\nMission complete!!\n"

and my ftp_auto.sh is as follow:

#!/bin/sh

ftp -niv $1 $2<<FTPIT
quote USER $3
quote PASS $4

put $5 $6
bye
FTPIT

The strange thing is: the file with big size can not be uploaded completely!
but shell script output says that every file transfer is 100%!
I am sure that the file ftp server got is a little bit less than the original
one, and if I use ftp command directly to upload the file, every thing is OK!

Is anyone familiar with this situation?