soekris 5501

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully used the Soekris net5501 with NetBSD.

My 4501/ipfilter firewall caps the traffic through my 20 meg Internet service at ~12Mb/s apparently due to the processor speed. So I believe I need to upgrade.

Specs are listed below. Any help would be fantastic. Thanks,

Louis

* 433 to 600 Mhz AMD Geode LX single chip processor with CS5536 companion chip
    * 128-1024 Mbyte DDR-SDRAM, soldered on board
    * 4 Mbit BIOS/BOOT Flash
    * CompactFLASH Type I/II socket.
    * UltraDMA-100 interface with 44 pins connector for 2.5" Hard Drive
* Serial ATA 1.0 interface for Hard Drive, with +5V and +12V power header * 1-4 VIA VT6105M 10/100 Mbit Auto MDIX Ethernet ports, RJ-45, protected with 2KW/100A TVS
    * 2 Serial ports, DB9 and 10 pins internal header
    * USB 2.0 interface, one internal, one external port
    * Power LED, Disk LED, Error LED, Network LED's
* Mini-PCI type III socket. (for t.ex. hardware encryption or wireless controller)
    * PCI Slot, right angle 3.3V signaling only, dual PCI slot option
    * 12 bit general purpose I/O, 20 pins header
    * Temperature and voltage monitor
    * Hardware watchdog
    * Board size 6.3" x 6.5"
* Power using external power supply is 6-25V DC, max 20 Watt, protected with TVS
    * Option for 5V supply using internal connector
    * Operating temperature 0-60 °C