Re: weird /etc/ifconfig.*

It is the contents of another ifconfig file.
This causes two interfaces to get the same config.

Steve Pribyl
Senior Infrastructure Practitioner
Peel, Inc
990 Grove St. Suite 204
Evanston, IL 60201
Phone: 847-424-0954 ex 14
Cell: 847-343-2349
Fax: 847-424-0986
spribyl%peel.com@localhost

On 05/20/2008 04:28 PM, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
I have notices on a couple of my NetBSD 4.0 servers that one or more
/etc/ifconfig.* files will get over written during a reboot.

Can someone help me explain why this is happening.

I don't know.

What is it overwritten with? (What is the new content in them?)

And what is the timestamp?

Maybe use chflags to make unwritable and see if you get any messages about attempts at boot?

  Jeremy C. Reed