Re: Using swap though there's plenty of mem free

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 01:56:35PM +0200, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
> No, I mean: If there's enough free memory to load the complete swap
> into the memory, do so, but keep a copy in swap in case another app
> needs the memory so it can be swapped out again very fast.

  Heh.  Cached swap-space.

  Sounds like a contradiction, and I got a chuckle from it; but I
suppose you could be on to something.  Afterall, isn't that kinda
one of the things Intel's Turbo flash memory is supposed to be?

  Anyway, I do have an actual, (I hope useful) suggestion for you.
See my next posting.

Cheers,  --Dave B.
Boston, MA