Re: Support of IBM-Lenovo T60P

On Mon, 5 May 2008 02:54:23 +0000
"Jonathan A. Kollasch" <jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 10:54:53PM +0200, Michael Kell Jensen wrote:
> > Hi I searched the web for information about
> > what is supported in the laptop T60P
> >
> > Then i stumbled on the t43p on the NetBSD wiki
> > http://wiki.netbsd.se/IBM_Thinkpad_T43p
> >
> > look for the header: Some hardware lacks support:
> >
> > My model of t60P is a 2007-8LG
> >
> > Does anyone have some input of what is supported now.
>
> Well, a GENERIC.MP would enable the other cpu core.
> The wpi(4) needs firmware that can't be shipped with the base system.

Right, but it's in pkgsrc.

> Biometric thingy might have a userland driver, maybe.

For the fingerprint reader?  I don't know of any; I wish there was some
support.  There is Linux support, so it should be possible, but I
haven't heard of it being done.

> Other than that it looks like a very well supported system.
>
> Sure, you could be running netbsd/amd64-current to take advantage
> of the 64-bit processor and get better SMP support, but you
> probably don't need to.

I have a T61 running amd64-current..  The wm Ethernet works very well.
The SATA disk works in ATA compatibility mode.  The wpi sort of works.
ACPI suspend/resume work well.  I haven't tried the Bluetooth support
yet, but it's recognized.  MP works well.  Xorg works well; I never
tried XFree86.