Re: cdplay and no audio

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Michael van Elst wrote:

> Normally cdplay just tells the drive to act as an audio player,
> the drive needs to be connected (some cable) to some mixer input
> and the mixer has to be configured to send that input to the speakers.
> With a laptop the cabling is probably given, leaving the mixer
> configuration. Check for inputs.cd, inputs.cd.mute.

I don't have that.

tx:work$ mixerctl -a | egrep 'inputs|cd'
inputs.dac02=198,198
inputs.dac03=126,126
inputs.mix0e.dac02.mut=off
inputs.mix0f.dac02.mut=off
inputs.mix0f.pu1d.mute=off
inputs.mix10.dac03.mut=off
inputs.mix10.pu1d.mute=off
inputs.mix10.dac02.mut=off
inputs.sel23.source=black15
inputs.sel24.source=unknown14

> >I also use "digital" from interactive mode and it shows:
> >digital xfer:   to /dev/sound (5 frames per wakeup, 0.33330s period)
> >(and then doesn't show the left and right volumes.)
>
> digital mode should work like cdparanoia but maybe not as good.
> I also get the failed scsi commands (on a Thinkpad).

I tried many different frame numbers and sometimes heard some choppy music
(but only briefly). Also sometimes had many more of the scsi errors.

I send-pr'd my problem with cdplay not working.