Re: Dumping configuration

David Dudley <DavidDu%cctexas.com@localhost> schrieb:
> Is there a way to dump a list of the packages I have installed on a
> host?
>
> I need to setup a new host with the same package set, and it would be
> easy if I can just say "make all of these".

You can use "pkg_chk -g" to generate a pkgchk.conf in /usr/pkgsrc
containing a list of installed packages suitable to feed to pkg_chk
on the target machine as follows:

pkg_chk -C /usr/pkgsrc/pkgchk.conf -a

where /usr/pkgsrc/pkgchk.conf is the file generated on the source
machine, obviously.

pkg_chk itself is not part of the base system but can be found in
pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_chk.

HTH,

--
Dennis den Brok