Re: qmail or postfix for a mail server ?

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, David Brownlee wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, James K. Lowden wrote:
>
> > Francisco Valladolid wrote:

> > > it_s possible  use exim with spamd (and PF) together for controlling
> > > spam. ?
> > >
> > > How reliable if Exim in the real life ?
> >
> > Dunno, sorry.  I'm using postfix and am completely happy with it.
>
>       I've had the occasional issue with spamassassin's spamd going
>       into a non responsive state, but not any exim issues.

Long-time Exim user, here.  I would describe Exim as robust and reliable;
carrier class, if you like, and used by many large orgainsations from its
birthplace (University of Cambridge) to many ISPs.  The Exim user's list
is very helpful, too.

Regards,

/DHS

--