weird problems with the root login on NetBSD Live! 2007 under Parallels (on OS X)

I've been playing with the NetBSD Live! 2007 CD image on my OS X (10.4.11) laptrop under Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac (Build 5584). The CD boots OK, and everything seems to work OK unless I login as "root" on the main screen.

When I try to login as root the KDE desktop gets part of the way through initialization then the whole virtual machine freezes solid. The only thing I can seem to do at that point is stop the virtual machine.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? Has anyone else observed this problem? Can anyone reproduce it?

I can post the various virtual machine configs I've tried, etc., if anyone is interested.

--
                                        Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.
                                        <woods%planix.ca@localhost>