Accessing a hardware device

Guys (and gals, too ;-),

I've got an application where I need to access the hardware registers
of a specific PCI device.  This device doesn't have a driver associated
with it (and my application doesn't need one either), and the
application is planned to handle direct interface to the hardware.

Got three questions for you.  Once I can do these things, I can get the
application going.

How do I:

1.) Find the device (I know the PCI Vendor ID, and the board id)?

2.) Map the device into my memory space?

3.) I assume I have to release the device before exiting my program.
How do I do that?

The hardware is a standard PC type device, using a card that is PCI.
Previously, the application used an ISA card that was mapped with a DIP
switch, but with PCI, that went away.

Thanks,

David
BEGIN:VCARD