Re: unconfigured generic ATI VGA card?

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Malcolm Herbert wrote:

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:42:11 +1100, "Malcolm Herbert" <mjch%mjch.net@localhost>
said:
I have an oldish ATI PCI video card which I've just added to a Soekris
net5501 host running NetBSD 4.0 GENERIC.  I'm assuming this card would
be a generic VGA-capable card, yet although the kernel recognises the
card it isn't configured:

I've done a bit more digging in the kernel source and it appears that
this card would be recognised by dev/pci/radeonfb.c which I'm adding to
a custom config with

radeonfb*       at pci? function ?      # ATI Radeon. R3xx is
problematic

That's for a framebuffer, not a VGA text console.

You need to find a way to get vga* to attach:

vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0: NVIDIA Vanta (rev. 0x15)

--
Stephen