Re: xen advice

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:57:40 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> I'm not sure if you can run MP under xen.  Probably you want to start
> with xen3, and then you run the XEN3_DOM0 kernel.

As far as I know, not on NetBSD, but you can on Linux.  Manuel?

I have a dual-core dom0.  Here's what my dom0 says:

        cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
        cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)

I'm not sure I know what that means...  The top command only shows one
CPU, unlike on my -current dual-core amd64.

The domUs show

        vcpu0 at hypervisor0: (uniprocessor)

but on Linux one can specify how many CPUs to give to the domUs.
(That's the main reason I've wondered about running a Linux dom0.)