Re: anyone use telnetd? Anyone use s/key or kerberos with telnet? rsh, rlogin?

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 02:31:19PM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>I am curious:
>
>Do you use telnetd?
>
>Do you use use s/key or kerberos with telnet?
>
>Or SSL-wrapped telnetd?
>
>On that note, does anyone use rlogin or rsh (even if kerberos)?

not sure why you ask but if building a net application
around a shell, I would start with netcat (bound to a
process like shell, getty or even ssh).

but if you need auth why not just use ssh?

The only time I've heard of rlogin or rsh in use is to
support legacy app deployment.

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><