Re: building parts of the netbsd source-tree

  is there a simple way to build only parts of the netbsd source-tree or
  do I have to use build.sh for every single netbsd-component?

  I tried a plain `make' in some of the various subdirectories (src/bin/sh
  and src/usr.bin/awk) but make always failed because it didn't know how
  to build some dependencies.

  Thanks,

  Petar

  P.S. My mk.conf:

          .undef MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX
          MKUNPRIVED       = yes
          MAKEVERBOSE      = 1

          TOOLDIR          = /tmp/netbsd/tools
          MAKEOBJDIR       = /tmp/netbsd/obj
          DESTDIR          = /tmp/netbsd/dst
          RELEASEDIR       = /tmp/netbsd/rel
          KERNOBJDIR       = /tmp/netbsd

You either have to set DESTDIR and build things in sequence (which
build.sh does), or leave DESTDIR unset and use your existing system for
dependencies.  But you can't use a DESTDIR that isn't yet populated.

After you do a full build.sh, invoking $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-$arch will
build in various directories.  You can nbmake-$arch install, which will
go to DESTDIR, or do 'sudo nbmake-$arch DESTDIR=/ install' to put the
new binaries in the running system.