Re: Xterms freezing

matthew sporleder wrote:
On 2/2/08, Michael Kell Jensen <mkj%micrun.net@localhost> wrote:
Hi

I have the problem that my xterms are freezing
at random times i dont know why, and do do not
know where to start and search for the problems
if anyone have some hints for trouble shooting,
or maybe even know what the problems is :), i would
appreciate to hear about it.
It happens on both my netbsd systems.
Both 4.0.

Laptop:
-------
NetBSD dhcppc3 4.0_STABLE NetBSD 4.0_STABLE
(GENERIC.apm.sound.scroll.4_0) #0: Fri Jan  4 20:51:20 CET 2008
run@dhcppc3:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.apm.sound.scroll.4_0 i386

Workstation - stationary:
NetBSD dhcppc2 4.0_RC3 NetBSD 4.0_RC3 (GENERIC.apm.sound.scroll.4_0) #0:
Sat Jan  5 10:54:33 CET 2008
run@dhcppc2:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.apm.sound.scroll.4_0 i386

It says it is a 4_0.RC3, but i have upgraded it from the 4.0 release
cd.s, do not know why its not changed (maybe i missed something?).

Are you sure that you aren't just getting stuck on ctrl-s?  If not, I
guess try to ktruss and/or gcore (+gdb) the process.

Hey you were right :), but
why did i first begin to experience this recently ?,
(just a question for me self :))

Thanks

ctrl-s temporarily halting listing
ctrl-q unhalt listing