Re: Problems with uplcom/ucom

Hej Giles Lean,

> What software are you trying to use?

I used "cat" to see something of the datastream, gpsbabel for receiving
data.

> What is the exact command line that you are using?

gpsbabel -i garmin -f /dev/ttyU0 -o gpx -F mygpxfile.gpx

> What device file are you trying to use?

/dev/ttyU0

> What if any output do you see?

nothing - really nothing :(

> I can upload and download waypoints, e.g. with:
>
>   $ gpsbabel -w -i garmin -f /dev/dtyU0 -o gpx -F waypoints.gpx

I was working with gpsbabel before, even on NetBSD - however I bought a
new laptop and all the serial connectors are missing :(

I didn't make any changes in my /etc/ttys. I tried:

ttyU0 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" unknown off local

didn't help.

Uli