Re: Need help w/ binary emulation

Nicolas Joly wrote:
On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 08:38:34PM +0100, Daniel Horecki wrote:
On Jan 27, 2008 6:07 PM, Louis Guillaume <lguillaume%berklee.edu@localhost>
wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get a Linux program (or a bunch of them that are part of a
product) to work under NetBSD. This is on NetBSD-4/i386, using
emulators/suse100 from pkgsrc-2007Q4.
So there are 2 big questions:

. How do I get the system to look first in /usr/pkg/emul/linux/lib for
linux binaries?

Use linux ldd, /emul/linux/usr/bin/ldd.

. How do I get libgdbm and libstdc++ into the Linux emulation environment?
About libgdbm I know nothing, but libstdc++ is installed with suse100_base.

libstdc++.so.6 comes from suse100_base, but the needed libstdc++.so.5
is provided by suse100_compat.

Thank you very much. That worked. The only thing that was missing was the gdbm libs, which I copied from a Linux machine and they work fine.

Now I have a problem allocating shared memory segments. The problem appears to come from the fact that SHMMNI is incorrectly reported as -1.

How do programs in Linux emulation discover system parameters such as this?

Thanks again,

Louis