Re: hardware for file server

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 04:39:46PM +0100, Dieter Baron wrote:
>   Also, should I use dedicated partitions as backing store for the
> ISCSI targets, or are files just as good?

Files are just as good, and probably easier to manipulate and manage.

For multiple targets, you'll need the most up-to-date version of the
target software ("netbsd-iscsi" 20071221), either from -current, or
which is also available in

        pkgsrc/devel/netbsd-iscsi-target

I've just requested a pullup to the netbsd-4 branch for this version.

Regards,
Alistair