Re: which firmware for iwi(4)?

--- Klaus Heinz <k.heinz%janacht.kh-22.de@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi.

> can anyone tell me which firmware is supposed to be
> used with an Intel
> 2915ABG card?
>
> iwi(4) points to iwictl(8) which in turn refers to
> sysutils/iwi-firmware
> in pkgsrc. Now I find that there is
> sysutils/iwi-firmware and
> sysutils/iwi-firmware3 and the descriptions of both
> packages do not tell
> me which to use :-/

According to NetBSD man page for iwi
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?iwi++NetBSD-current

the iwi-firmware3 is required.

> What are "older" and "newer" drivers? Does this even
> concern NetBSD?
> Information at http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/ is
> Linux-only...
>
> ciao
>      Klaus

Regards.

---
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the
new has come! - 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
Francisco Valladolid Hdez.
http://blog.bsdguy.net - http://flickr.com/photos/sigueme/

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs