Subject: Re: print filters
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/05/2000 09:25:44
On 04-Jun-00 Rick Kelly wrote:
> The main purpose of this exercise is to have a single printer entry that
> my SO can use when she prints from her Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.6. I have
> kept up her interest in using UNIX for quite a while now, and I'm constantly
> trying to make things easier for her.

I set my printer up like so:

1) I have the queue lp-ps on every remote machine point to st500-ps on my
printer machine..  That machine runs things through ghostscript.

2) I have lp point to st500 on the remote machine, which runs ascii.

If I need to do ascii->ps..  I use a2ps.. which is nice.. because it does some
pretty-formatting stuff for various files (like mail, C, etc) and can print
ascii pages 2 to a page in landscape mode.  You can find it in pkgsrc.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>