NetBSD-Syzbot archive

Re: bad config syzkaller param: can't find /syzkaller/jobs-2/netbsd/gopath/src/github.com/google/syzkaller/bin/netbsd_amd64/syz-executor

On Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 10:11 AM Taylor R Campbell <riastradh%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Looks like syzkaller is having trouble running NetBSD jobs again?
>
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/text?tag=Error&x=17eb5d3fc80000

Thank you for reporting!
Indeed, there seem to be some problems. I've looked into that for some
time and filed https://github.com/google/syzkaller/issues/3819. I'll
let you know when it's fixed.

> Also these happened recently:
>
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=37e29f3bd0d5b079e83f3de8f9d1097b31ff9372

This one looks more like some memory corruption.

> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=4249b3e5580fa2ff09cbf6a3d44b7731efafb83e

At that line we allocate a slice of the same size, as some other slice had:
calls := make([]*Call, len(origCalls))

So len(origCalls) was either < 0 or more than the maximum allowed for
a slice (which shouldn't have happened -- as it's an existing slice
that was passed there). So it's also a result of some memory
corruption.

It's interesting that there are many "pmap_unwire: wiring for pmap
<...> did not change!"-like messages in logs for both bugs [1] [2].
What does it mean?

[1] https://syzkaller.appspot.com/text?tag=CrashLog&x=1455193fc80000
[2] https://syzkaller.appspot.com/text?tag=CrashLog&x=15e5f9b7c80000

--