NetBSD-Help archive

Re: NetBSD and WordPress ? as package ?

On 17/01/2008, Jeff Rizzo <riz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
> >
> > Anyone knows whether there is a package for WordPress ??
> >
> > Alternatively a HOWTO for installing WordPress manually  on NetBSD ?

There is www/drupal package, though, which works fine; I tried it yesterday.

It will pull basicall everything else required for Wordpress; the
latter then is trivial to install.

> > regards
> > niels
>
> Sorry for the lateness of this response - wordpress works just fine
> under NetBSD;  there isn't a specific package for it, since it's pretty
> straightforward once the prerequisites are installed (php, webserver,
> mysql - it might work under postgresql, too, these days, which would be
> fabulous).
>
> I just followed the Wordpress docs to get it installed.
>
> +j

/dev/random says:
        I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014