NetBSD-Bugs archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
install/60808: Keyboard way too fast post install
>Number: 60808
>Category: install
>Synopsis: Keyboard way too fast post install
>Confidential: no
>Severity: serious
>Priority: medium
>Responsible: install-manager
>State: open
>Class: sw-bug
>Submitter-Id: net
>Arrival-Date: Sat Sep 26 21:20:00 +0000 2026
>Originator: Terry
>Release: 11.0 amd64
>Organization:
none
>Environment:
NetBSD hostname.lan 11.0 NetBSD 11.0 (GENERIC) #0: Thu Jul 30 15:23:12 UTC 2026 mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64
>Description:
Upon first boot after initial install, keyboard will not allow me to type in IDs/passwords because it is set too fast. Normally I set in /etc/wscons.conf:
setvar wskbd repeat.del1 245
setvar wskbd repeat.deln 30
As you may know, Windows max speed (without a special utility) is 250,30, respectively. But after 11.0 install, the keyboard settings are so high, I cannot even type my ID/password without extreme care. To make this more visual: if I stare intently at the first key in my ID, for a split second, I'll see 17 of that character appear on the screen (exaggeration for clarity). If I had the guess, the numbers are set at something like 400,50 respectively. It was all I could accomplish just to get logged in after several attempts at trying to rapidly stab the keys. So far, this is on one bare metal machine, and one VirtualBox guest. I can provide hardware info if you give me the commands. I'm still learning NetBSD, but have been using Linux Mint for years, and have been trying the three major BSDs for quite some time.
>How-To-Repeat:
Go through the normal install process, and reboot. Problem presents itself at login and continues.
>Fix:
Unknown. Still have to try this on at least one of my other machines.
Home |
Main Index |
Thread Index |
Old Index