[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/23409 CVS commit: pkgsrc/cross/arm-none-eabi-binutils
The following reply was made to PR bin/23409; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "Ryo ONODERA" <ryoon%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/23409 CVS commit: pkgsrc/cross/arm-none-eabi-binutils
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 19:37:51 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: ryoon
Date: Mon Jul 30 19:37:51 UTC 2018
pkgsrc/cross/arm-none-eabi-binutils: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 2.31.1
This release also contains a fix for PR gold/23409 where the gold
linker could end up creating duplicate copies of some symbols.
This release contains numerous bug fixes, and also the
following new features:
* Direct linking with DLLs for Cygwin and Mingw targets is now faster.
* The linker now defaults to enabling -z separate-code for Linux
targets, although a configure time option can change this.
This option can increase disk and memory size of executables, but
it does help to improve security.
* The disassembler supports Netronome Flow Processor (NFP) firmware
* The AArch64 disassembler supports showing disassembly notes which
are emitted when inconsistencies are found with the instruction that
may result in the instruction being invalid. It also emits warnings
when a combination of an instruction and a named register could be
* The AR archive manager now supports an "O" modifier to display
member offsets inside an archive.
* The ADR and ADRL pseudo-instructions supported by the ARM assembler
now only set the bottom bit of the address of thumb function symbols
if the -mthumb-interwork command line option is active.
* The MIPS assembler supports the Global INValidate (GINV) and
Cyclic Redudancy Check (CRC) architecture extensions.
* Support has been added for the Freescale S12Z architecture.
* The assembler has a new --generate-missing-build-notes=[yes|no]
option to create (or not) GNU Build Attribute notes if none are
present in the input sources.
* The -mold-gcc command-line option has been removed for x86 targets.
* The x86 assembler now supports a -O[2|s] command-line options to
enable alternate shorter instruction encodings.
* The gold linker has a new --debug=plugin option for easier debugging
of plugin-related problems.
* The gold linker now supports the -z keep_text_section_prefix option.
* The gold linker now has support for .note.gnu.property sections
(from Linux ABI extensions).
* Add gold linker now has support for Intel's Indirect Branch Tracking
(IBT) and Shadow Stack instructions.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/cross/arm-none-eabi-binutils/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/cross/arm-none-eabi-binutils/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/cross/arm-none-eabi-binutils/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |