[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/90 CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/py-test
The following reply was made to PR lib/90; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "Thomas Klausner" <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/90 CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/py-test
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 18:26:16 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Fri Mar 21 18:26:16 UTC 2014
pkgsrc/devel/py-test: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 2.5.2 (leaf package).
Add missing dependencies. Add test dependencies. Replace interpreter
path in installed file.
Changes since 2.3.5:
- fix issue409 -- better interoperate with cx_freeze by not
trying to import from collections.abc which causes problems
for py27/cx_freeze. Thanks Wolfgang L. for reporting and tracking it down.
- fixed docs and code to use "pytest" instead of "py.test" almost everywhere.
Thanks Jurko Gospodnetic for the complete PR.
- fix issue425: mention at end of "py.test -h" that --markers
and --fixtures work according to specified test path (or current dir)
- fix issue413: exceptions with unicode attributes are now printed
correctly also on python2 and with pytest-xdist runs. (the fix
- copy, cleanup and integrate py.io capture
from pylib 1.4.20.dev2 (rev 13d9af95547e)
- address issue416: clarify docs as to conftest.py loading semantics
- fix issue429: comparing byte strings with non-ascii chars in assert
expressions now work better. Thanks Floris Bruynooghe.
- make capfd/capsys.capture private, its unused and shouldnt be exposed
- merge new documentation styling PR from Tobias Bieniek.
- fix issue403: allow parametrize of multiple same-name functions within
a collection node. Thanks Andreas Kloeckner and Alex Gaynor for reporting
- Allow parameterized fixtures to specify the ID of the parameters by
adding an ids argument to pytest.fixture() and pytest.yield_fixture().
Thanks Floris Bruynooghe.
- fix issue404 by always using the binary xml escape in the junitxml
plugin. Thanks Ronny Pfannschmidt.
- fix issue407: fix addoption docstring to point to argparse instead of
optparse. Thanks Daniel D. Wright.
- dropped python2.5 from automated release testing of pytest itself
which means it's probably going to break soon (but still works
with this release we believe).
- simplified and fixed implementation for calling finalizers when
parametrized fixtures or function arguments are involved. finalization
is now performed lazily at setup time instead of in the "teardown phase".
While this might sound odd at first, it helps to ensure that we are
correctly handling setup/teardown even in complex code. User-level code
should not be affected unless it's implementing the pytest_runtest_teardown
hook and expecting certain fixture instances are torn down within (very
unlikely and would have been unreliable anyway).
- PR90: add --color=yes|no|auto option to force terminal coloring
mode ("auto" is default). Thanks Marc Abramowitz.
- fix issue319 - correctly show unicode in assertion errors. Many
thanks to Floris Bruynooghe for the complete PR. Also means
we depend on py>=1.4.19 now.
- fix issue396 - correctly sort and finalize class-scoped parametrized
tests independently from number of methods on the class.
- refix issue323 in a better way -- parametrization should now never
cause Runtime Recursion errors because the underlying algorithm
for re-ordering tests per-scope/per-fixture is not recursive
anymore (it was tail-call recursive before which could lead
to problems for more than >966 non-function scoped parameters).
- fix issue290 - there is preliminary support now for parametrizing
with repeated same values (sometimes useful to to test if calling
a second time works as with the first time).
- close issue240 - document precisely how pytest module importing
works, discuss the two common test directory layouts, and how it
interacts with PEP420-namespace packages.
- fix issue246 fix finalizer order to be LIFO on independent fixtures
depending on a parametrized higher-than-function scoped fixture.
(was quite some effort so please bear with the complexity of this sentence :)
Thanks Ralph Schmitt for the precise failure example.
- fix issue244 by implementing special index for parameters to only use
indices for paramentrized test ids
- fix issue287 by running all finalizers but saving the exception
from the first failing finalizer and re-raising it so teardown will
still have failed. We reraise the first failing exception because
it might be the cause for other finalizers to fail.
- fix ordering when mock.patch or other standard decorator-wrappings
are used with test methods. This fixues issue346 and should
help with random "xdist" collection failures. Thanks to
Ronny Pfannschmidt and Donald Stufft for helping to isolate it.
- fix issue357 - special case "-k" expressions to allow for
filtering with simple strings that are not valid python expressions.
Examples: "-k 1.3" matches all tests parametrized with 1.3.
"-k None" filters all tests that have "None" in their name
and conversely "-k 'not None'".
Previously these examples would raise syntax errors.
- fix issue384 by removing the trial support code
since the unittest compat enhancements allow
trial to handle it on its own
- don't hide an ImportError when importing a plugin produces one.
- fix issue275 - allow usefixtures and autouse fixtures
for running doctest text files.
- fix issue380 by making --resultlog only rely on longrepr instead
of the "reprcrash" attribute which only exists sometimes.
- address issue122: allow @pytest.fixture(params=iterator) by exploding
into a list early on.
- fix pexpect-3.0 compatibility for pytest's own tests.
- allow nested parametrize-value markers, thanks James Lan for the PR.
- fix unicode handling with new monkeypatch.setattr(import_path, value)
API. Thanks Rob Dennis. Fixes issue371.
- fix unicode handling with junitxml, fixes issue368.
- In assertion rewriting mode on Python 2, fix the detection of coding
cookies. See issue #330.
- make "--runxfail" turn imperative pytest.xfail calls into no ops
(it already did neutralize pytest.mark.xfail markers)
- refine pytest / pkg_resources interactions: The AssertionRewritingHook
PEP302 compliant loader now registers itself with setuptools/pkg_resources
properly so that the pkg_resources.resource_stream method works properly.
Fixes issue366. Thanks for the investigations and full PR to Jason R.
- pytestconfig fixture is now session-scoped as it is the same object during
whole test run. Fixes issue370.
- avoid one surprising case of marker malfunction/confusion::
@pytest.mark.some(lambda arg: ...)
would not work correctly because pytest assumes @pytest.mark.some
gets a function to be decorated already. We now at least detect if this
arg is an lambda and thus the example will work. Thanks Alex Gaynor
for bringing it up.
- xfail a test on pypy that checks wrong encoding/ascii (pypy does
not error out). fixes issue385.
- internally make varnames() deal with classes's __init__,
although it's not needed by pytest itself atm. Also
fix caching. Fixes issue376.
- fix issue221 - handle importing of namespace-package with no
- refactor internal FixtureRequest handling to avoid monkeypatching.
One of the positive user-facing effects is that the "request" object
can now be used in closures.
- fixed version comparison in pytest.importskip(modname, minverstring)
- fix issue377 by clarifying in the nose-compat docs that pytest
does not duplicate the unittest-API into the "plain" namespace.
- fix verbose reporting for @mock'd test functions
- on Windows require colorama and a newer py lib so that py.io.TerminalWriter()
now uses colorama instead of its own ctypes hacks. (fixes issue365)
thanks Paul Moore for bringing it up.
- fix "-k" matching of tests where "repr" and "attr" and other names would
cause wrong matches because of an internal implementation quirk
(don't ask) which is now properly implemented. fixes issue345.
- avoid tmpdir fixture to create too long filenames especially
when parametrization is used (issue354)
- fix pytest-pep8 and pytest-flakes / pytest interactions
(collection names in mark plugin was assuming an item always
has a function which is not true for those plugins etc.)
Thanks Andi Zeidler.
- introduce node.get_marker/node.add_marker API for plugins
like pytest-pep8 and pytest-flakes to avoid the messy
details of the node.keywords pseudo-dicts. Adapated
- remove attempt to "dup" stdout at startup as it's icky.
the normal capturing should catch enough possibilities
of tests messing up standard FDs.
- add pluginmanager.do_configure(config) as a link to
config.do_configure() for plugin-compatibility
- When using parser.addoption() unicode arguments to the
"type" keyword should also be converted to the respective types.
thanks Floris Bruynooghe, @dnozay. (fixes issue360 and issue362)
- fix dotted filename completion when using argcomplete
thanks Anthon van der Neuth. (fixes issue361)
- fix regression when a 1-tuple ("arg",) is used for specifying
parametrization (the values of the parametrization were passed
nested in a tuple). Thanks Donald Stufft.
- merge doc typo fixes, thanks Andy Dirnberger
- if calling --genscript from python2.7 or above, you only get a
standalone script which works on python2.7 or above. Use Python2.6
to also get a python2.5 compatible version.
- all xunit-style teardown methods (nose-style, pytest-style,
unittest-style) will not be called if the corresponding setup method failed,
see issue322 below.
- the pytest_plugin_unregister hook wasn't ever properly called
and there is no known implementation of the hook - so it got removed.
- pytest.fixture-decorated functions cannot be generators (i.e. use
yield) anymore. This change might be reversed in 2.4.1 if it causes
unforeseen real-life issues. However, you can always write and return
an inner function/generator and change the fixture consumer to iterate
over the returned generator. This change was done in lieu of the new
``pytest.yield_fixture`` decorator, see below.
- experimentally introduce a new ``pytest.yield_fixture`` decorator
which accepts exactly the same parameters as pytest.fixture but
mandates a ``yield`` statement instead of a ``return statement`` from
fixture functions. This allows direct integration with "with-style"
context managers in fixture functions and generally avoids registering
of finalization callbacks in favour of treating the "after-yield" as
teardown code. Thanks Andreas Pelme, Vladimir Keleshev, Floris
Bruynooghe, Ronny Pfannschmidt and many others for discussions.
- allow boolean expression directly with skipif/xfail
if a "reason" is also specified. Rework skipping documentation
to recommend "condition as booleans" because it prevents surprises
when importing markers between modules. Specifying conditions
as strings will remain fully supported.
- reporting: color the last line red or green depending if
failures/errors occured or everything passed. thanks Christian
- make "import pdb ; pdb.set_trace()" work natively wrt capturing (no
"-s" needed anymore), making ``pytest.set_trace()`` a mere shortcut.
- fix issue181: --pdb now also works on collect errors (and
on internal errors) . This was implemented by a slight internal
refactoring and the introduction of a new hook
``pytest_exception_interact`` hook (see next item).
- fix issue341: introduce new experimental hook for IDEs/terminals to
intercept debugging: ``pytest_exception_interact(node, call, report)``.
- new monkeypatch.setattr() variant to provide a shorter
invocation for patching out classes/functions from modules:
will replace the "get" function of the "requests" module with ``myfunc``.
- fix issue322: tearDownClass is not run if setUpClass failed. Thanks
Mathieu Agopian for the initial fix. Also make all of pytest/nose
finalizer mimick the same generic behaviour: if a setupX exists and
fails, don't run teardownX. This internally introduces a new method
"node.addfinalizer()" helper which can only be called during the setup
phase of a node.
- simplify pytest.mark.parametrize() signature: allow to pass a
CSV-separated string to specify argnames. For example:
``pytest.mark.parametrize("input,expected", [(1,2), (2,3)])``
works as well as the previous:
``pytest.mark.parametrize(("input", "expected"), ...)``.
- add support for setUpModule/tearDownModule detection, thanks Brian Okken.
- integrate tab-completion on options through use of "argcomplete".
Thanks Anthon van der Neut for the PR.
- change option names to be hyphen-separated long options but keep the
old spelling backward compatible. py.test -h will only show the
hyphenated version, for example "--collect-only" but "--collectonly"
will remain valid as well (for backward-compat reasons). Many thanks to
Anthon van der Neut for the implementation and to Hynek Schlawack for
- fix issue 308 - allow to mark/xfail/skip individual parameter sets
when parametrizing. Thanks Brianna Laugher.
- call new experimental pytest_load_initial_conftests hook to allow
3rd party plugins to do something before a conftest is loaded.
- fix issue358 - capturing options are now parsed more properly
by using a new parser.parse_known_args method.
- pytest now uses argparse instead of optparse (thanks Anthon) which
means that "argparse" is added as a dependency if installing into python2.6
environments or below.
- fix issue333: fix a case of bad unittest/pytest hook interaction.
- PR27: correctly handle nose.SkipTest during collection. Thanks
Antonio Cuni, Ronny Pfannschmidt.
- fix issue355: junitxml puts name="pytest" attribute to testsuite tag.
- fix issue336: autouse fixture in plugins should work again.
- fix issue279: improve object comparisons on assertion failure
for standard datatypes and recognise collections.abc. Thanks to
Brianna Laugher and Mathieu Agopian.
- fix issue317: assertion rewriter support for the is_package method
- fix issue335: document py.code.ExceptionInfo() object returned
from pytest.raises(), thanks Mathieu Agopian.
- remove implicit distribute_setup support from setup.py.
- fix issue305: ignore any problems when writing pyc files.
- SO-17664702: call fixture finalizers even if the fixture function
partially failed (finalizers would not always be called before)
- fix issue320 - fix class scope for fixtures when mixed with
module-level functions. Thanks Anatloy Bubenkoff.
- you can specify "-q" or "-qq" to get different levels of "quieter"
reporting (thanks Katarzyna Jachim)
- fix issue300 - Fix order of conftest loading when starting py.test
in a subdirectory.
- fix issue323 - sorting of many module-scoped arg parametrizations
- make sessionfinish hooks execute with the same cwd-context as at
session start (helps fix plugin behaviour which write output files
with relative path such as pytest-cov)
- fix issue316 - properly reference collection hooks in docs
- fix issue 306 - cleanup of -k/-m options to only match markers/test
names/keywords respectively. Thanks Wouter van Ackooy.
- improved doctest counting for doctests in python modules --
files without any doctest items will not show up anymore
and doctest examples are counted as separate test items.
thanks Danilo Bellini.
- fix issue245 by depending on the released py-1.4.14
which fixes py.io.dupfile to work with files with no
mode. Thanks Jason R. Coombs.
- fix junitxml generation when test output contains control characters,
addressing issue267, thanks Jaap Broekhuizen
- fix issue338: honor --tb style for setup/teardown errors as well. Thanks
- fix issue307 - use yaml.safe_load in example, thanks Mark Eichin.
- better parametrize error messages, thanks Brianna Laugher
- pytest_terminal_summary(terminalreporter) hooks can now use
".section(title)" and ".line(msg)" methods to print extra
information at the end of a test run.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/devel/py-test/Makefile \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |