NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re: NetBSD Mascot Proposal

More example but generated using text 2 image AI

 https://app.box.com/s/il9kuts8ywwsb6duafepiqzkrfac2yxl

On Thu, 21 Jan, 2021, 5:11 pm Jay Patel, <jaypatel.ani%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for input another variation was like this but thought horns might be devilish that people might not like it :P

https://app.box.com/s/jumc01kpngsg2m36xwhzz1kvleuybt3h

https://app.box.com/s/mom5rxhsy740slbfg7x3zqtn27lcg7kx

Alternate character Design:

https://app.box.com/s/4vnfbba7b3ra2408odkmqkw7yprcndbq

Thanks,
Jay

On Thu, 21 Jan, 2021, 3:37 pm Pierre-Philipp Braun, <pbraun%nethence.com@localhost> wrote:
> I would like to propose a mascot name and mascot character design for
> NetBSD mascot with soon coming release of 10.0:

Hello, as a long-time netbsd user I like the idea of gaining a mascot
with some dinosaur-like features, however, I hope we can spare the happy
and childish smiley-like graphics and hair puff.  As far as I've
experienced our user-base are mainly old-school veterans, which is quite
the opposite of the depicted character.

--
Pierre-Philipp