NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re: NetBSD Mascot Proposal

Nice concepts alan@

Matthias@'s idea about Trex is good.

Mike@ well "Net" is represented better in names I suggested in first mail rather than in character itself :) and it will be difficult to show all strength of NetBSD into Mascot.

Also things to consider for mascot is how toys, stickers and all looks like.

Regards,
Jay

On Sun, 24 Jan, 2021, 11:52 pm Alan Messias, <alancordeiro%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
Hi folks,

Below you can find 3 different skets. If you guys like one of them We can focus on developing the ideia. What do you think?
image.png

image.png

image.png

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 at 09:19, Matthias Petermann <mp%petermann-it.de@localhost> wrote:
Hi,

Am 22.01.2021 um 14:45 schrieb Jay Patel:
> Thanks for everyone's inputs.
>
> Alan@ well _expression_ was just for character design we can always change
> that as we want but different reactions can give us better idea of how
> character looks like :P
>
> I can also try contact other artists  if we want to get other character
> ideas designed :) or if anyone have contacts we can ask them also :D
>
> Also any of those three names for character suitable ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jay

In one of the previous posts the reference of NetBSD to the dinosaur was
made. Even if this is only one side of the coin from the point of view
of a sustainable future, one could interpret that NetBSD is the only or
most mature system that still runs on the old dinosaurs, and also on
modern hardware. Recently my son (a big fan of the "real" dinosaurs)
pointed out to me that the ostrich is probably the closest relative of
the T-REX that is still alive today. Maybe we could bridge the gap from
the Cretaceous period to modern times with the mascot in this way :-)

The designs shown so far are all excellent in terms of craftsmanship - I
think if we manage to reflect the identity of NetBSD in the mascot,
something really great could come out of it.

Many greetings
Matthias

--
Atenciosamente,
Alan M C Lacerda

OSCP, DCPT, LPIC-1, LPIC-201, CCNA

Pentester | Consultor de Segurança da Informação

LinkedIn: https://br.linkedin.com/in/alancordeiro

--

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from. And if you really don't like all the standards you just have to wait another year until the one arises you are looking for. -- A. Tanenbaum, "Introduction to Computer Networks"