Subject: Re: Which NetBSD ports are 64bit?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/03/2000 08:46:54
On 02-Nov-00 Allen Briggs wrote:
> I don't believe that there are any 64-bit PPC systems.

Big IBM POWER3 machines, like the 44P and the S7A, S70, S80 are all 64bit
machines.

We do not however.. run on them.

As for the original poster.. I have found the alpha port to be exceptionally
stable.  I'm currently running 1.4, with a huge slew of RAID and ccd striped
disks on it.. running cross-compiles nightly like mad, serving NFS every which
way, and it pretty much never crashes..  Even my multia had 200+ day uptimes.

Other things.. such as a MIPS64 port.. and ppc64.. are likely not to be
available fast enough for your work, and if they are.. it will take awhile to
stabilize enough for you.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>