Re: shutdown/reboot taking a long time

On Mon, 10 Jun 2024 at 09:29, Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun 09 Jun 2024 at 22:46:16 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > I think it's in the step where it tears down the swap.

FWIW, my -current systems seem to reboot without a delay

> I noticed that 10 is a lot more likely to use swap space than 9 was. My
> machine has plenty of memory, most of which is used for file caching,
> but it still uses swap since upgrading to 10.

I noticed the same for -current - I haven't seen it previously. I had:

❯ swapctl -lh
Device      Size     Used    Avail Capacity  Priority
/dev/dk5    3.4G     2.1G     1.3G    61%    0
/dev/dk2    3.4G     2.1G     1.3G    61%    0
Total       6.9G     4.2G     2.7G    61%

- an LxQt session with firefox and a couple of alacritty windows
running, left untouched for a few days while I connect via ssh from
another laptop. The LxQt session was as fast as usual. The used swap
went down to about half a gig when I exited it, the reboot was as fast
as expected.

> I do have some sysctls adjusted regarding vm.filemin etc, but with 9 it
> didn't use swap, so it is not (purely) those settings.

> -Olaf.
> --
> ___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
> \X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose

Chavdar

--
----