Re: binutils still failing on amd64

    Date:        Mon, 02 Jan 2023 03:45:16 +1100
    From:        matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost>

  | it's not seen by most because it depends upon the timestamps of
  | some files..

I am also having issues (with very recently updated sources).

I wonder if perhaps part of the reason (or perhaps all of it) that
Paul and I see problems, where others aren't, is that we are both
building from a read only mounted source tree.

Eg: from Paul's error log:

Making info in po
   GEN      /build/netbsd-current/src_ro/tools/binutils/../../external/gpl3/binutils/dist/bfd/doc/bfdver.texi
x86_64--netbsd-install: /build/netbsd-current/src_ro/tools/binutils/../../external/gpl3/binutils/dist/bfd/doc: chown/chmod: Read-only file system
sh: cannot create /build/netbsd-current/src_ro/tools/binutils/../../external/gpl3/binutils/dist/bfd/doc/bfdver.texi: read-only file system

which indicates something is trying to make files in the source
tree, instead of the obj tree.

The errors I'm seeing are different, but could have the same underlying
cause.

kre