Re: i915 observations

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 11:06:24PM +0000, RVP wrote:

(Will get back on above points.)

> Hmm. Don't know about this. Might be that UXA + HDMI doesn't work so well.
>
> a) Try out different output drivers with mpv(1): use `--vo=help'
>
> b) For DVD playback, see the XvMC-related options mentioned in intel(4).

The problem is not only with videos. Even catting a file or opening vi
updates the screen slowly, almost line by line left to right.

The only time when above problem doesn't trigger is, if I do 'xrandr
--same-as' to have hdmi a mirror of eDP.

I like to use a vertical hdmi monitor, so above option isn't suitable for
my usage.

In fact, with hdmi completely out of the picture, if I do 'xrandr
--rotate' on eDP screen, just to see what happens, the slow refresh occurs
on eDP also.

Does it mean the acceleration works only in certain mode(s)?

So far intel-UXA is the only combination that has somewhat worked. *-none
starts but is not usable. intel-SNA doesn't work, modestting/wsfb with
defaults don't even start.

--
Mayuresh