Re: i915 observations

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 08:28:08AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> I'll test some video playing etc. and report back.

Thanks to compat90 I was able to test immediately. Yeah, they seem to work
alright.

Even HDMI output seems fine and xrandr also seems to work.

Now the only problem left is this:

During boot when the display switches mode, sometimes it manages to remain
on, some other times it goes blank.

This is random. There are 4 gop values, all of which work sometimes and
don't work some other times.

I do not know exactly what happens when the display goes blank. I enter
root username and password and type reboot and that seems to be rebooting
it.

Once in a few reboots the display holds on and then I can reach all the
way to X11.

--
Mayuresh