Re: Branching for netbsd-10 next week

Hi,

related, I think we should really iron out all installation issues that
plagued NetBSD before and were scorned on say Slashdot i.e. provide easy
install/live images with a gui installed, with optional extra variants with
say a complete xfce4 one with FF etc. and provide complete installs like the
live CD running as option in sysinst.

Separate images could be made for VMs and for the cloud instances complete
with documentation and sensible default setup.

Also kind of important, good defaults for the shell logins so noone sees ^T
etc when line editing. That might be fixed nowadays but some stuff migrated
here over from earlier installs dating from 1.4 and at times i just enter tcsh
or so just to get the line editing working.

Just my $0.02 :)

Reinoud