Re: npf table loads slow??

nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> There is a PR for bad behavior of NPF with large tables:
>
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/55892

Thanks.... ya, it is simular to that...  I let the table replace run and
after 65 minutes, npfctl exited with:

# /usr/bin/time npfctl table blocklist replace /etc/blocklist
npfctl: npf_table_replace(<blocklist>): Argument list too long
     3924.20 real      3820.09 user         0.76 sys

so at least it wasn't garbage, but it wasn't useful either.  This is a
9.3_STABLE built a short time ago.  Since this is just a test, I am
going to try a loop against the list adding the ip addresses one at a
time to see if that actually works.  Clearly large full table loads will
not work right now.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org