npf table loads slow??

So I am experimenting with NPF, converting a small rule set from
IPF+IPPOOL to NPF with its tables.

The IPPOOL is a hash table with a bit more than 200000 ip addresses in
it.  This is auto generated from bad behavior.  Loading this with
ippool(8) takes just a couple of seconds.  Doing the same thing with
"npfctl table reload ..." takes a very long time (unknown at this point,
but maybe 1/2 hour at least) and drives the CPU to 100% while doing that
load.

Am I doing something obviously wrong??  The /etc/npf.conf file is
nothing more than this:

table <blocklist> type ipset

procedure "log" {
          log: npflog0
}

group default {
      pass in all
      pass out all

      block in from <blocklist> apply "log"
      block out to <blocklist> apply "log"
}

If a file is used in /etc/npf.conf for the blocklist the start up
(i.e. npfctl reload) hangs up driving the CPU to 100%, probably loading
the large table...

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org