Re: ghc and current aarch64

Clay Daniels <clays.shell%sdf.org@localhost> writes:

> I'm impressed with your patience, Greg. I always do a fresh install,
> mostly just writing over the one before, but sometimes I use Gparted
> on a usb stick to get it really clean.  It gives me a chance to
> install fresh copies, or even versions, of my basic apps, like
> foxfire, hexchat/irssi, thunderbird, etc.

It's not that I'm more patient, just with different  things.  I use
etcmanage to deal with /etc, mostly automatically, and I use
pkg_rolling-replace to replace packages.  So my system is actually very
up to date.  What I don't have the patience for is redoing everything
after a fresh install and having to figure out what's broken and fix it
one at a time.  I believe that the cost of such re-install work is huge,
more than people estimate, and the cost of careful upgrades is not so
bad.