getrandom() error with linux emulation

I am running a linux application (no source code unfortunately) and encountering an error that seems from the message (which is cryptic) to be related to a getrandom() function call.  This is with a NetBSD/amd64 9.99.99 kernel dating from August.

I recall all the discussions floating around about the random generator functions, but did not fully track them.  Now I wonder if that is relevant somehow.

Are there differences between between NetBSD and Linux in the getrandom() function or implementations that would cause emulation to fail?

Is there any way to debug this kind of situation?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook