Re: ACPI0007 ? Anyone know what it is?

ACPI0007 is the hardware ID of a device node that represents a processor device (there are two ways to do this -- either by declaring a Processor node in the device tree, or by declaring a standard device with HID ACPI0007).

It's not used to discover processors by OSes because typically that is done well before the AML interpreter is brought online. Instead it is used to describe how to control processor performance and thermal management (what ACPI calls C-states, P-states, and T-states on older systems, or CPPC on newer systems). How processors are discovered is platform dependent, but at least for x86/Arm/RISC-V you would parse the ACPI MADT to find these early at boot. Each processor has a unique ID in firmware that lets you associate an (optional) processor device node with the processor definition in the MADT.

The error message you are seeing comes from an (ill conceived IMHO) option ACPI_ACTIVATE_DEV which is not enabled by default in any kernels we ship. Each device node is going to have a _STA method that tells the OS whether that device is enabled. Because updating AML dynamically can be difficult, it's not uncommon for firmware to create templates for all possible processors and the _STA method will inspect some variable set early at boot to determine whether or not a given processor device is present.

So tl;dr:

 - Your firmware says "There is no processor device here"
 - Your kernel config says "Let me try anyway" and asks firmware to enable
   the device.
 - Firmware says no.
 - You get an error message logged.

HTH,