ACPI problem post 9.99.79 on amd64

Hi all,
I thought I ought to refresh the NetBSD running on my Xeons, but current kernels panic during boot. This affects 9.99.105 and a bunch of earlier versions, but I don't know how much earlier.

I finally found a serial cable that works with our boot loader so I now have some console messages I can copy and paste.

The most obviously useful messages seem to be:

[ 1.0157457] lpt0 at acpi0 (PEC2, PNP0401-2): io 0xffff-0x10006,0x3ff-0x406 irq 15
	[   1.0157457] extent_alloc_region: extent `ioport' (0x0 - 0xffff)
	[   1.0157457] extent_alloc_region: start 0xffff, end 0x10006
	[   1.0157457] panic: extent_alloc_region: region lies outside extent
	[   1.0157457] cpu0: Begin traceback...

The addresses range 0x3ff-0x406 looks almost like it's right, and the IRQ 15 almost looks right, but the range 0xffff-0x10006 is well outside the old ISA range.

Running /usr/sbin/acpidump shows the numbers 0x378 and 7 a fair few times near the text PNP040x which makes me think the the firmware might have the right data in it, implying that kernel is parsing the ACPI data incorrectly.

The older kernel works because it doesn't seem to have support for lpt0 at acpi0.

I also can't find a way to disable the device in the BIOS (I really don't like Intel firmware). I tried running "userconf disable lpt*" in the boot loader, but that didn't seem to make any difference (i.e. the kernel still tried to attach lpt0).

On top of all that, the motherboard doesn't even have a physical parallel port.

I can remove lpt* from my kernel easily enough, but does anyone know what might be going on? I'm happy to run any debugging stuff that anyone wants.

Cheers,
Lloyd