Re: starting other WM from fluxbox, fvwm (others?) fails

On Tue, 25 Oct 2022, RVP wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Oct 2022, John D. Baker wrote:
>
> > This seems to fix the problem with 'fluxbox' on 9.3_STABLE.
> >
> > It does not help on -current.  'twm' or 'fvwm' (or 'fvwm2') started
> > from the fluxbox "Window Managers" sub-menu starts, decorates windows,
> > and then exits.
>
> I had tested the patch on -HEAD too, and it worked. Just tested it again.
> Same result: both twm and evilwm (they don't install a SIGALRM handler)
> stay alive. ctwm, which handles SIGALRM, doesn't experience this issue.

It seems I must not have rebuilt "wm/fluxbox" on -HEAD with your patch
in place after all.  I finally got around to re-testing on -HEAD and not
only did other WMs exit when started from 'fluxbox', but 'fluxbox' itself
would exit if told to Restart.

I made sure your patch (modified to work in LOCALPATCHES) was in place
and ran 'make replace package clean' on my build host and the resulting
'fluxbox' can now start other WMs (and Restart) without exiting.

Thanks for the help.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD