Re: starting other WM from fluxbox, fvwm (others?) fails

On Tue, 25 Oct 2022, John D. Baker wrote:

This seems to fix the problem with 'fluxbox' on 9.3_STABLE.

It does not help on -current.  'twm' or 'fvwm' (or 'fvwm2') started
from the fluxbox "Window Managers" sub-menu starts, decorates windows,
and then exits.

I had tested the patch on -HEAD too, and it worked. Just tested it again.
Same result: both twm and evilwm (they don't install a SIGALRM handler)
stay alive. ctwm, which handles SIGALRM, doesn't experience this issue.

Could you:

1. Email me your ~/.fluxbox/ directory; and ~/.xinitrc, ~/.xsession?

2. Tell me which login shell you use?

3. Does startx have this problem on -HEAD too?

-RVP