Best practices to mount SMB share on NetBSD current

Hello all,

after the justified removal of mount_smb from the base system - what would be the current best way to mount a remote SMB filesystem (Windows Server 2016) on NetBSD?

Ideas:

 - wip/fuse-smbfs (Has anyone ever tested this and found it useful?).
- gvfs to SMB via Fuse (should be possible according to the description of sysutils/gvfs - but I haven't found any documentation etc. - is there any experience with this?) - rclone (https://rclone.org/smb/ + https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_mount/ - sounds adventurous at first ;-))

I'm looking forward to some answers with further suggestions - maybe I haven't found the most obvious one yet.

Kind regards
Matthias