Re: nosiy dhcpcd messages

    Date:        Tue, 1 Nov 2022 13:29:19 +0300
    From:        Valery Ushakov <uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost>

  | On Tue, Nov 01, 2022 at 10:05:19 +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
  | > Oct 31 07:52:59 yt dhcpcd[3496]: wm0: requesting DHCPv6 information
  | > Oct 31 07:53:52 yt syslogd[4885]: last message repeated 5 times
  |
  | It is, but in -current, we need to either pull up dhcpd

dhcpcd

  | or backport the relevant change

Either would be nice.   I see something like that too, much further
back than Aug - but not to the same degree.

Thomas, you're getting 60 if those every 10 mins, 6 a minute, or
on average every 10 secs (the actual delays should be randomised
plus or minus a little).   Since DHCP's normal behaviour is to
retry fetching info at half the lifetime (to allow time to retry
in case of lost packets, and then look for a new server in case
the previous one fails to respond) that suggests that your v6
data has a 20 second lifetime.  That's absurdly short.  20 mins
would be low (10 about a rational minimum).   If you're able
you might want to look into why the server is setting the lifetime
so low ... it might be a simple misconfig, entering a value in
minutes where seconds is expected.

kre