Re: How to limit amount of virtual memory used for files (was: Re: Tuning ZFS memory usage on NetBSD - call for advice)

Hello,

Le Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 01:19:17PM +0200, Matthias Petermann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Am 20.09.2022 um 08:27 schrieb RVP:
> > On Tue, 20 Sep 2022, Matthias Petermann wrote:
> >
> > > I think I had answered this earlier (but I'm not quite sure) - the
> > > problem only occurs when I write the data obtained with "zfs send"
> > > to a local file system (e.g. the USB HDD). If I send the data to a
> > > remote system with netcat instead, the "file usage" remains within
> > > the green range.
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > This raises the question for me: can I somehow limit this kind of
> > > memory use on a process basis?

You could take a look at this thread:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2020/04/22/msg024627.html

(I mean the answer to my initial message; the link is to my initial
mail)

and amonst the answer this one will links:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2020/04/24/msg024668.html

HTH,

T. Laronde
                     http://www.kergis.com/