Re: Switching to the new DHCP from ISC?

On 3/09/22 22:40, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Sat, Sep 03, 2022 at 10:00:04AM +1200, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
Does anyone know of a maintained DHCP relay implementation?

The better question for me is: are DHCP relayer server still in use?

DHCP relays are used a lot, but the ISC one probably not so much. It dumps core when send a DHCP response packet back to the client. Maybe older versions of NetBSD have an ISC DHCP relay with less bit rot?

Since we are talking about NetBSD, it is always an option to just run a DHCP server instead of a DHCP relay. That doesn't mean it's a good option though.

If it turns out that neither ISC nor TNF want to support the old DHCP relay, then we may as well switch to upstream supported code.

Cheers,
Lloyd

p.s. I have a fix for the DHCP relay core dump. I don't know where the root cause bit rot is, but I do have an fairly acceptable patch.