Re: Branching for NetBSD 10

  | Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 21:08:15 +0200
  | From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud%NetBSD.org@localhost>

  | Well I'd like to add another point! Fixed i915 DRM support!

That's not needed for the branch (nor are other bugs, known or otherwise)
but should certainly be fixed (if it hasn't already, I thought some
progress had been made in that area?) before 10 is released, but doesn't
need to be before the branch.

What needs to be done before the branch is anything that affects the way
people who download an alpha/beta/RC version which works (for them) but
might have to change, breaking things, before the release.  The UFS2 EA
changes are like that, because they will alter filesystem parameters.

kre

ps: while I'd definitely like to see 9.99.99 (even better if I'm still
around when we get to 99.99.99 - seems unlikely at our release pace though!)
but I'd also like to see is go beyond that to 9.99.100 just to demonstrate
that it can be done, and make sure nothing is making any incorrect assumptions.